If you have been following my blog for awhile, you know that I always complain how oily/acne prone my skin is. In today’s post, I’m sharing with you 5 foundations that are perfect for those of you with oily and/or acne prone skin. I have tried SO many different foundations, and so far these are the clear winners! These are for all price points, from drugstore to Sephora, so you won’t have a hard time finding one that fits your budget! Coming up next month I will be having a blog post sharing all of my favorite skincare products for oily skin as well, so stay tuned for that! Now, onto the foundations.
- YSL All Hours Foundation: This is the foundation I’m currently using. Influenster sent me this to try out, and I actually fell in love. I don’t always love the products they send me, which is why you don’t see a lot of them on the blog. I only share products I actually love and think you would love as well. This is a long lasting full coverage foundation. I put this foundation on in the morning (5:00 am, to be exact) and it lasts me all day. it never creases or gets cakey. By 2:30 pm my T-zone is a little oily, but it’s nothing that blotter sheets can’t take care of. This foundation is perfect for fall/winter makeup looks, but if you are looking for a light summer one, I wouldn’t pick this (see #3 for a light summer foundation). 😉
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation: This is also a full coverage foundation, but a tad bit lighter. It’s a great dup to the YSL foundation if it’s out of your price range. This one really is long lasting, and I usually need makeup remover to take it off! Just soap and water doesn’t cut it, haha!
- Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream: This BB cream is light coverage, and perfect for summer. When it’s extremely hot and humid outside, the last thing you want to put on your acne prone skin is a heavy foundation (hello, breakouts!). This has enough coverage to hide acne and scars, but light enough for your skin to breath. This also is a matte BB cream, so it keeps your face from looking oily throughout the day.
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation: This is a full coverage foundation that I always wear during the winter. It hides all my scars and large pores. It doesn’t crease or get cakey throughout the day. I have also never had an issue with this foundation breaking me out, which a heavy foundation usually does for me. You also can’t beat the $7.99 price tag!
- ELF Cosmetics Acne Fighting Foundation: This one is more of a foundation for my acne prone ladies. It provides a great coverage while also fighting acne when you wear it. It helps a tiny bit with oily skin, but I would recommend getting the other ones if that’s your main issue. It’s also only $6!
What’s your favorite foundation? Let me know in the comments. As always, thanks for reading!
YSL All Hours Foundation received complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Styled Muse possible!
9 thoughts on “5 Foundations For Oily Skin”
This is a great guide, thank you for sharing it! Since I only got back into wearing make up recently I’ve started with a few cheapy brands to kick start my collect and I suffer from oily skin so this has been really helpful to read!
I sadly don’t wear a lot of foundation. I have so many freckles I don’t want to cover them up! I love how you went through and did a high end to drug store comparison, that is so helpful!
I sadly don’t wear a lot of foundation. I don’t want to cover up my freckles! I love how you went through and gave options from high end to drugstore – that is so helpful!
I will have to try some of these I do not have oily skin but sometimes I can use the oily foundation during the winter.
Excellent post. I’ve got oily skin, and I’m always looking for new, good stuff.
To me, it sounds like the ELF Cosmetics Acne Fighting Foundation is the best for oily skin and acne prone people. Would you agree?
I have been hearing SO much about that YSL foundation, it’s on every youtube channel, every blog and every instagram and everyone is LOVING it! I really wish I could try it to experience it for myself but I have dry skin and I just know I won’t like it.
This works in dry countries but in humid and warm places like Singapore, foundation which are too drying will make us breakout more and go cakey~ We will still need foundation with slightly moisturising qualities in the end~
Have you tried Fenty makeup? It’s said to be matte as well